Citizen Printers have been a standard in the industry for many years, and the CT-S601 is a perfect thermal printing solution. It not only offers more features for less price than any other competitive model, but it is also fully compatible with previous Citizen models and applications. Available in serial (RS-232C), Parallel (IEEE 1284), USB, USB Hub, Ethernet, or Powered USB. Perfect for use on Pot of Gold, Southern Gold, Goldtouch, Cherry Master, Point-of-Sale Units (POS), and more!
- High-speed (200 mm/s) printing
- Compact design can be installed anywhere
- Versatile design supports 3-inch (83/80 mm) and 2-inch (60/58 mm) wide paper rolls
- Built-in power supply or AC adaptor types available
- Printer status and errors indicated by 3 LEDs and a buzzer
- Equipped with a fast and quiet cutter
- Easy to clear cutter jams
- Interchangeable interfaces
- Built-in cash drawer kick-out interface
- Memory switches make customization possible
- Store user-defined characters and logos in user memory
- Barcode and 2D barcode printing supported
- 2-color printing supported (when specified paper used)
- Driver and utility software included
- Can be desktop or wall mounted
- LED indicates the printer's status, types of errors, and messages
- Easy maintenance of printer head and cutter with using of LCD and LED messages
- Green: Power is on. It flashes when data is incoming or a memory error has occurred.
- Red: Operates in special modes or in errors.
- Orange: Paper is low (paper near-end) or print head is hot.
- FEED button: Not only to feed the paper, but to set for memory switches and running self-printing.
|Print width*||80mm/640 dots, 72mm/576 dots, 64mm/512 dots, 54.5mm/436 dots, 54mm/432 dots, 52.5mm/420 dots, 48mm/384 dots, 45mm/360 dots, 48.75mm/390 dots, 68.25mm/546 dots|
|Dot density||8 × 8 dots / mm (203 dpi)|
|Printing speed||Max. 200 mm/sec, 1600 dots lines/sec. (fastest, print density 100%)|
|Number of print columns†||
(W × H)‡
|Font A: 1.50 × 3.00 mm
Font B: 1.13 × 2.13 mm
Font C: 1.00 × 2.00 mm
|Character type||Alphanumeric, International, PC437/850/852/857/858/860/863/864/865/866/WPC1252/Katakana/Thai code 18|
|Operation panel||3 LEDs, Feed button|
|User memory||384 Kb (capable of storing user-defined characters and logos)|
|Barcode type||UPC-A/E, JAN(EAN) 13/8 columns, ITF, CODE 39, CODE 128, CODABAR (NW-7), CODE 93, PDF417, QR Code|
|Line spacing||4.23mm (1/6 inch) (changeable using commands)|
|Interface||Serial (RS-232C compliant), Parallel (IEEE1284 compliant), USB, USB with hub, Ethernet, powered USB|
|External device port||Cash drawer kick-out|
|Buffer size||4K bytes / 45 bytes|
|Pupply voltage||DC 24V ± 5%|
|Power consumption||Approx. 45 W (normal printing), 3W (standby)|
|Power source||Rated input: AC 100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz, 150 VA
Rated output: DC24 V, 2.1 A
|Weight (approx.)||CT-S601S (Built-in power supply type): 2.0kg
CT-S601A (AC adaptor type): 1.6kg
(W × D × H)
|CT-S601S (Built-in power supply type): 145 × 192 × 148 mm
CT-S601A (AC adaptor type): 145 × 192 × 120 mm
|Operating temperature and humidity||5 to 45 °C, 10 to 90 % RH (no condensation)|
|Storage temperature and humidity||-20 to 60 °C, 10 to 90 % RH (no condensation)|
|Reliability||Print head life: 150 km, 200 million pulses (at normal temperature and humidity using recommended paper)
Auto cutter life: 2 million cuts (at normal temperature and humidity using recommended paper)
|Safety standards§||UL, C-UL|
* When paper width is 83, 80, 60 or 58 mm.
† The number of printable column is selected using a memory switch. The number of columns noted in this able refer to typical models. The number of columns varies depending on specifications.
‡ Characters appear small because the dimensions include a blank area surrounding each character.
§ Compliant if the Citizen Systems AC adapter (36AD2/36AD3) is used.